August 1997

August 29-31 Labor Day Weekend

My first big trip with the Woo’s! They took me for the weekend to San Diego so I can enjoy the fresh cool air. It has been really hot in Southern California so it is a welcome change for all of us. I almost went to the San Diego Zoo but mommy wanted to wait until I’m older and when Daddy is here too. I am so excited by the sights all weekend I hardly sleep! Instead I look around excitedly at everything and wiggle my feet all day long. I especially like putting my toes on restaurant tables when I am sitting in my infant seat, but mommy says it is bad table manners.

August 28
I had a happy, happy day today! I’ve been kind of cranky trying to adjust to all the new changes here in California but today I was my normal self. I even started to eat my toes this afternoon! I love to play with my feet and they taste good too! Mommy also discovered I don’t like sweet potatoes that much. Mom, gimme’ REAL food!

August 26
Boooooo, daddy left to return to Raleigh. I miss my daddy! He loves me soooooooooooo much and I like when he throws me around and plays with me. I won’t see him for another three weeks!


August 25
Auntie Celest joined the party in California! She took care of me my first month...


August 23
I am liking California. It is very sunny, so mommy bought me some purple baby sunglasses. They will take a picture of me and put it on my webpage, which daddy created for me. It is called jerryboy97 [now offline]. Grandma and Grandpa just got home from a missions trip to Asia, but they were overjoyed to see me. They can’t believe how big I’ve grown! At first it took me a while to get used to the great big house where mommy grew up, but now I am starting to like it. I sure hope nobody drops me on the huge staircase! Upstairs I sleep in my playpen, but downstairs I have a two whole bouncy couches to play in because Mommy squished them together so I would be safe. It is a lot of fun and I like to roll on my stomach all the time on the couches. I am also very flexible and like to play with my toes. I always like to eat. I’ve been doing so good eating my baby food. So far I eat rice cereal for breakfast, squash and carrots for lunch and dinner. I swallow the food really well off the spoon and down 8 ounces of formula in 15 minutes! I’m a good eater!


August 19
Today was my first airplane ride! Wheeee.. I'm going on vacation for a month in California, visiting my grandparents and uncles and aunts and others.. I'm with the movers and shakers and meeting lots of people.. Mommy says that she's going to add more journal entries for all the people that visit here.
My first AIRPLANE ride! WHEEEEEEEEE! Mommy and daddy are taking me to see grandpa and grandma in Southern California. They prayed I would be good and have a safe flight and God answered their prayers. I was really good and only fussed a little bit. The people sitting in the seats behind us thought I was cute too when they saw my hair all sticking up over the seat. No matter how Mommy tries to comb it down, it still sticks up.


August 8-10
Mommy and Daddy take me to a church retreat. I am really good and all the teenagers in the youth group played with me a lot. They still call me “Jerry Maguire”.


August 6
I went to the doctor for my four month check-up, a little late. Mommy thought I was 20 pounds but I’m 16 lbs, instead (still a big boy!). I am almost 26 inches long now and have grown out of a bunch of my newborn clothes. July was a big month for me. I started talking more and I even rolled on my tummy from my back. I like it on my tummy cuz’ it gives me a brand new view of things. Instead of only staring at the ceiling, I now can look at the rug, my toys, the bottom of furniture and big people’s feet! It has been very hot in Raleigh but I haven’t complained much. The only thing I really want is my FOOD (and I’ll tell mom and dad for sure!)

Popular Posts

From Home to Georgetown